Men reach their orgasm by releasing sperms through a series of muscle contractions. Though it might seem to be just one step process of sperm ejaculation, it’s a much more complex process than that.
It takes a series of steps while also involving a number of body organs, blood vessels, nerves, and hormones playing their respective parts to reach the stage of orgasm.
Many people have this question that how does a man feel after releasing sperm? Sometimes people are doubtful whether what they are feeling is healthy or not.
After releasing sperms, a male feels relax and tired at the same time. He feels the need to clean himself up, he feels the need to pee, and also feels a bit hungry after that hard work.
Table of Contents
Factors Affecting Male Orgasm
Michael Ingber, an associate at the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health indicates that Testosterone is one of the leading factors for Male Orgasm.
Sexual desire is the main player. If a man has no sex drive- any kind of sexual stimuli won’t be able to excite his hormones.
There could be many reasons for low sex drive: Low testosterone, a state of depression, or other reasons. He won’t be able to experience orgasm if he won’t feel any sex drive or sexual desire.
Full Process Of A Male Orgasm
Well, as I said above, the male orgasm isn’t just ejaculation of sperms, it’s more than that.
1. Arousal: A man attaches his sexual feelings to a certain human being or an actor a kind of thought that excites him. This thought or feeling pushes the brain to send sexual signals through the spinal cord, which results in an erection. Arteries expand giving way to blood to fill the spongy tissue inside the shaft, making the penis grow and become erect. The blood drain which happens through the veins stops over veins shutting themselves up to prevent any blood leaks. This helps in having a hard and firm erection. There is an increase in muscle tension all over the body.
2. Plateau: This is the orgasm preparation phase in the male body which takes around 30 seconds to 2 minutes. An increase in muscle tension marks the beginning of involuntary actions in the body, like in the pelvis. According to Ingber, at this time male’s heart beats twice as fast to around 150 -175 beats per minute. A clear fluid(more commonly known as pre-cum) begins to come out of the urethra. The pre-cum is there to make alterations to the pH level which improves the sperm survival conditions.
3. Orgasm: There are two phases that complete the Orgasm step, i.e., emission and ejaculation. Emission comprises of the “point of no return” when you know that ejaculation will happen for sure. At this time, semen gets ready for ejaculation, accumulating itself around the top of the urethra. While ejaculation phase is more about a series of penile muscle contractions and over the base of your anus. You may also experience involuntary pelvic thrusting. This is the moment when your nerves send pleasure messages to your brain.
4. Resolution And Refraction: The penis loses almost half of its erection immediately after ejaculation while the rest goes off soon. Muscle tension also gets relieved and men feel relaxed. After ejaculation, men undergo a refractory period in which they can’t have another erection. The average refractory period is half an hour. This recovery time period has variations which could be 15 mins for an 18-year-old teenager while something around 10-20 hours for an old adult. This is different for women as they can have multiple orgasms consecutively in one go without losing any sexual arousal. While most men feel satiated after one orgasm, women don’t have a refractory period.
How Does A Man Feel After Releasing Sperm
We had a word with a number of men, and these are the common things experienced by most of them.
1. Men Feel Like To Clean Themselves Up
After a great passionate session, it is very normal that the fluids must be all over your organ and your boxers. So many men feel like having a good bath and tidy themselves up.
2. Lack Of Concentration
Some men find it difficult to concentrate after ejaculation due to weak focus and the recent work done. It might not seem like that but ejaculation does feel like great work. It’s very normal that he might want to take some time to recover after an intercourse session.
3. Feels Great And Happy
He feels a great amount of happiness and pleasure after ejaculation. This is because his nerves are relieved and he is content with his overwhelming emotions.
Since there is a lot of work done by your penis inside her vagina, it’s very normal to get tired after ejaculation. The stress of penetration, the movement, the shivering, and the tingling of the penis are enough to make you feel very relaxed and tired after orgasm.
5. Some Men Feel There Face Got Weird
Some men said that their faces felt weird after ejaculation. As they were undergoing a lot of hormonal changes, stress, sperm load, and then finally, ejaculation is enough to make a man’s facial muscles respond weirdly according to different feelings.
6. Feeling Sleepy
Males naturally feel relaxed and sleepy after their sensual lovemaking and ejaculation. It’s very common to feel sleepy after all the activities including penetration, thrusting, and finally ejaculation, your body is in dire need of rest.
7. Wants To Pee
It won’t be real that you would be urinating right after ejaculation. It’s just the feeling many males get that something is coming out of their urethra.
8. Feeling Of Hunger
The feeling of hunger is something that is felt by everyone. This is due to the fact that you use up a lot of energy and strength in the process. So men feel this need of having something to eat so that they can replenish all the energy, strength, and even sweat that they lose.
9. Praising Your Manhood
Many praise their manhood by touching it softly for all the hard work and struggle he did. They also feel good that their penis didn’t let them down at the time of need.
Why Do Guys Feel Bad After Sperm Ejaculation?
According to psychiatrist Richard Friedman, the bad feeling or the feeling of guilt that men go through is just their brain’s amygdala playing games with them.
It’s just a temporary state of depression created by the anxiety or fear experienced during sex.
Can Sperm Build Up Cause Pain?
It’s possible that sperm storing part of testicles, epididymis can get infected resulting in pain and swelling. There are possibilities that the fluids might build up in and around testicles due to some injury or an infection leading to painful swelling.
Can Guys Know When Sperm Is Coming Out?
It depends. We have mixed responses from the people we asked. Many said that they actually felt pre-cum(the transparent fluid before ejaculation) coming out while others say that they didn’t really felt the pre-cum coming out.
You might feel a little wetness around the tip of your penis but you might not really know about that during sex as the area around the penis would be already wet.