Ghost Legend Pre Workout from a “lifestyle sports nutrition brand” (that’s what they like to call themselves rather than a supplements company); you can see how conscious they are about their right image in front of their audience. You will find various workout playlists, interviews or podcasts with DJs and entrepreneurs, and fitness content.
So we have gone through their whey and BCAAs, they are good but their main flagship is their pre-workout. It comes in different flavors and you can choose according to your preferences. We will announce the final verdict later in the end, but we can say that this pre-workout is worth it.
Table of Contents
Ghost Legend Pre-Workout Ingredients and Nutrition
We have a secret for you! Actually, this product is split into two different blends:
- Ghost Legend®
- Ghost Smart Energy®
One full scoop of this pre-workout contains 5 calories, 1 gram of carbohydrates, and these two blends.
Ghost Legend gives you 2 grams beta-alanine, 100mg norvaline, 500mg agmatine sulfate, and 4 grams citrulline. The benefits and effects are given below.
While Ghost Smart Energy contains more ingredients than Legend. Initially, it gives a powerful 202mg of caffeine(more than what is in two cups of coffee). Then apart from caffeine, you also get:
- 150mg Alpha-GC
- 50mg Rhodiola Rosea extract
- 1 gram Taurine
- 2.5mg NADH 10%
- 1mg Rauwolfia root extract
- 50mg Theobromine
- 50mg Olive leaf extract
Except for these nutritional components, it also contains small amounts of calcium and potassium along with natural and artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, etc. You might notice that it contains sucralose, but be sure that it doesn’t contain the artificial sweetener, acesulfame potassium.
Ghost Legend Pre Workout Benefits and Effectiveness
Ghost Smart Energy Benefits
- As I did mention above, this Ghost Smart Energy contains caffeine equal to about 2 cups of coffee in one full scoop.
- Then it also contains theobromine which affects our body in a similar way as caffeine. As theobromine is with caffeine, it will show its own effect.
- Rauwolfia has almost stimulant-like effects which help in losing fat and a good boost in adrenaline.
- Then one gram of taurine deflates some effects of high caffeine. Effects like jitteriness and loss of focus can easily be attenuated by taurine. As it also fills the cells with water, it will be pretty much helpful in the recovery of muscles and cramps, if any.
- Ghost Smart Energy also has Rhodiola as one of its constituents. Rhodiola helps in reducing any kind of stress and building better focus abilities.
- You can also experience fat loss effects as the olive leaf extracts(which is an antioxidant) helps control cholesterol levels.
- The NADH 10% helps this pre-workout in giving the extra energy and making you fully ready for your workout sessions.
- Also, the inclusion of 150mg of Alpha GPC makes this product stand out from the rest.
(Alpha GPC is also functioning for improving the power of the product, but the dosage is slightly low. Most of the time, it is recommended to use Alpha GPC in the range of 300 to 600 milligrams. But here in this product, even this small dosage will do its work as it is combined with other great ingredients also.)
Ghost Legend Benefits
- As high as 4 grams of citrulline amino acid boosts the nitric oxide and helps increase the circulation in the body.
- Then 2 grams of beta-alanine is enough to give you an adequate amount of endurance in your workout. It also produces that well-known “tingling” sensation on your skin making you feel very energetic.
- Then, studies show that agmatine sulfate helps in improving cognition abilities.
- At last, Norvaline is helpful in growing muscles, can also cause vasodilation, but also there have been instances of some dizziness and lightheadedness. So you can start by trying half a scoop of this product and see if there are any of these effects.
Ghost Legend Price
Its most common pack is of 30 servings that are available for $45. To be very honest, this pre-workout is slightly an expensive option with respect to others. It costs $1.50 per serving while most of the other pre-workouts fall in the range of 80 cents to 1 dollar per scoop.
Ghost Legend Flavors and Taste
Sour Watermelon Flavor was the one we tried and absolutely loved it. The taste was really sweet and sour in the middle, be sure you don’t drink all at once.
The product also comes in other flavors that you can try:
- Blue Raspberry
- Fruit Punch
- Black Cherry
Watermelon and Black Cherry being the sour ones, came out in a fun partnership with the famous candy brand Warheads®.
Okay, so in the end, I would like to add that all the ingredients included in this have a lot of research backing their features. While the ingredients of some pre-workouts are not scientifically effective or there is not much evidence for that, this product contains the right ingredients in adequate amounts or more than its competitors.
While citrulline, beta-alanine, and taurine are somewhat common ingredients; but the special ingredients for improving focus like Rhodiola and agmatine sulfate have solid evidence supporting them. It’s low in some other ingredients like Alpha GPC, norvaline, and olive leaf extract.
Well, the real obstacle for Ghost Legend Pre Workout comes at the price. It is 50 percent more expensive than other average supplements is worth the cost as it is rich in citrulline, beta-alanine, and some focus-improving ingredients.