Creatine is one of the most preferred supplements after whey protein, for increasing muscle mass or attaining better physical endurance.
Originally, our body doesn’t produce great quantities of creatine on its own. It belongs to the category of the most efficient ergogenic health supplements present in the market to increase lean body mass percentages during high volume and intense training. The International Society of Sports Nutrition also backs up this fact.
The issue arises to choose one out of another 100s of brands and supplements to choose from. They come in different varieties such as pills, powders, and other forms of supplements. The final question that arises is
“ Which are the best creatine supplements to choose and why?”
So, we have done the full research making it easy for you to choose which creatine supplements are the most suitable for you.
In our following pieces of content, we have clearly defined the pros and cons of these supplements based upon their claims and nutritional details.
Table of Contents
BEST 10 Creatine Supplements Analysed:
These are the top 10 creatine supplements we decided on over long days’ of research.
1.Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine Supplements
Optimum Nutrition’s Micronized Creatine Powder is a pure creatine supplement that comes with no added sugars and additional flavors without any fuss.
This doesn’t need much effort, just one teaspoon mixed with your favorite beverage, maybe a protein or another healthy shake. This will provide you with 5 g of proper creatine nutritional value.
Undergiven reviews are for the powdered form for this supplement. This is even present in its capsule form.
- Includes proper 5g of creatine monohydrate in every serving.
- Contains pure creatine monohydrate without any additional ingredients.
- Unflavored makes it easy to mix in any kind of post-workout drinks or even simple plain water.
- Available easily in capsule form.
- Available with supporting beneficial supplements
- Optimum Nutrition is a brand that has won many industry awards, even our trainer’s personal choice.
- A brand that we can trust.
- No additives.
- No added colors or flavors.
- Many variants including: 28, 60, 120, 240, 400 serving sizes
- Exceptional value for money.
- Developed in micronized form, much easier to dissolve in liquids as compared to others out there.
- Reviewed inside-out very well in the industry.
Nutritional information per one serving(scoop): 5 g micronized creatine
- Available only in unflavored form. Not available in any other flavors.
- It comes without a scoop and bottle design results in many inconveniences.
Consistency is the key. You can’t take the full boxes in a single day and expect results. It is a whole process and it takes time. Only one teaspoon of this supplement is preferred in a single day. Stay Patient. Dissolve fully in your drink or the food you are consuming.
If you want pure value for your money, then this supplement from Optimum Nutrition is made for you. What’s unique about this is that it only contains pure creatine without anything else mixed with it.
This is the best all-around supplement for somebody who is looking for excellent value high-quality creatine. It will last months even if you consume it daily.
2. MuscleTech Platinum 100% Creatine Supplements
MuscleTech is popular for the feature it even boasts on its supplement bottle that it contains 100% creatine and that is the case too.
One of the highest-selling creatine nutritional supplements comes with easier and faster dissolvability in liquid along with larger bioavailability in the body.
- No artificial colors or flavors added.
- 30-day no questions asked money-back guarantee available
- Contains a very adequate dose of 5g creatine monohydrate in each serving.
- Very inexpensive,i.e., 15$ just for 400 grams of creatine(80 servings) is a very affordable price for this much high-quality protein.
- No artificial additives.
- Very Vegan-friendly
- The official MuscleTech website teaches everything about the bodybuilding
One serving of MuscleTech Platinum 100% Creatine contains 5 g of micronized creatine monohydrate.
- No flavor varieties as Optimum Nutrition
- No choice of quantity as it comes only in 80 serving tub.
Initially, when you are on the loading phase,i.e., the first three days, drink your creatine drink by mixing one teaspoon with water up to 4 times a day.
Now, when you are in your maintenance phase, you don’t need those high-quantities of creatine, you can lower your creatine consumption to drinking 1-2 times in a day.
MuscleTech has made itself a brand worth spending money on. They clearly explain why their products are superior to others with scientific facts, not just some marketing jargon.
This is a great creatine product, with no added flavors, and pocket-friendly micronized supplement.
Due to its really small particles, we can easily mix it with almost anything you can think of. It makes it easy to be a regular part of your daily routine.
However, it would be more inviting if they bring flavor and bucket size variations.
3. Transparent Labs StrengthSeries Creatine HMB
Transparent Labs, as the name suggests, are transparent for every constituents and ingredient they use in their supplements, along with their suggested dosages.
They even list the ingredients that other brands usually omit such as blue raspberry flavor and stevia. They also give their consumers the optimal dosages for every main ingredient, which makes it very unique and different from other creatine products out there.
Transparent Labs is a very high-quality product brand that has actually raised the bar when it comes to pure and quality rich supplements.
Their StrengthSeries Creatine HMB has attained high ratings and reviews from their trusted customers for their purity.
The one thing that the above brands lacked is fulfilled by the StrengthSeries HMB as it comes in both flavored and unflavored variants.
- Absolutely zero artificial sweeteners, no fillers, and no unnecessary constituents.
- No artificial preservatives
- Doesn’t contain any Gluten content and GMO
- Focused on the primarily needed ingredients
- Clearly shows the dosages of all the ingredients included, even if they are not active
- Black pepper is also included in this for enhancing the absorption of the food you eat.
- It also contains HMB that efficiently boosts muscle protein synthesis in times of high-intense training.
- It even comes with an option to complete the payment in installments rather than doing all the lump-sum at once.
- You even get a 10% discount if you subscribe to their email newsletter.
- 1 Tub- $39
- 2 Tubs- $68.00 $78.00
- 3 Tubs- $87.00 $117.00
One serving(one scoop) of this supplement contains:
- 5 g of Creapure(Creatine Monohydrate)
- 5 mg of BioPerines
- 2 g of β-Hydroxy β-Methyl butyrate (HMB)
- 1 g of Blue Raspberry Flavor
- 800 mg of Citric Acid
- 300 mg of Stevia
- 800 mg of Malic acid
- It comes only in the Blue Raspberry flavor variant or unflavored otherwise.
- It has a somewhat high price as compared to other supplements as it charges $39 just for 30 servings. Although you get a very very high-quality supplement so it is worth the money.
- Many people are not comfortable with the taste of stevia; another reason why many supplements are flavored with acesulfame potassium(the cheaper one).
According to various experiments, you should take one serving of the supplements 30 minutes after you are done with your workout. It helps the body to recover with optimum nutrition after a workout.
On the rest days, you should take your supplement in the morning so that your body can recover potentially from the previous workouts.
This Creatine HMB can also be taken with your meals. High water intake is recommended throughout the day to keep the body hydrated.
Being an extremely pure and high-quality product, TransparentLabs StrengthSeries Creatine HMB is on the expensive side. Without any artificial colors, sweeteners, or additives, this good supplement helps boost the creatine benefits in your body.
4.Universal Nutrition Creatine Supplements
The best thing about Universal Nutrition’s Creatine is that it comes in different flavors and also as an unflavored variant. The flavored ones contain blue raspberry, fruit punch, and green apple options.
This has a unique creatine formula made by German specialists to give large bioavailability in the body. For instance, the more bioavailable a supplement is, the more our body can easily consume it absorbingly. The unique process of manufacturing this creatine is even patented to keep it refined.
Universal Nutrition’s creatine is so particulates that it easily gets mixed in milk or different smoothies you might prefer; it is also dissolvable in whey protein shakes making it an easy digest post-workout.
- The product comes with an easy seal lid that helps in keeping the supplement fresh.
- It serves great value(i.e., $6 for 30 servings)
- Also available with other products as a combo deal.
- They have 5g of recommended creatine content per scoop.
- Universal Nutrition is now established as a trusted brand in the supplement field you can easily lean upon.
One serving of this supplement contains 5 g of Creatine Monohydrate.
In recent years, this supplement got through an inside-out formula change. Initially, it used to contain micronized CreaPure creatine. CreaPure refers to the unique process that helps to increase the potency and bioavailability of the primary nutrient, i.e, creatine. Even if it doesn’t contain any micronized creatine, it still stands high with its 100% pure creatine claim, but yeah the normal ones are less dissolvable.
They come with many artificial colors along with natural and artificial flavor. Artificial sweeteners sucralose and acesulfame K are also included in this supplement.
- It is not micronized so mixing in water or smoothies would be somewhat difficult as compared to others.
- The formula change might feel unsatisfactory for those who were using this product for a long time.
- Nutritional facts about the flavored variants:
- There is no clarity from the brand if the product contains any artificial flavors or colors.
- We also don’t have any official facts or knowledge about any added calories. This might pose an issue if you are looking to add on some weight.
The dosage on the box states to use one teaspoon of this creatine supplement and drink by dissolving it in your nutritional shakes and juices.
The Final Takeaway:
Universal Nutrition place itself in the simple creatine drinks that you can just mix in water and good to go. It is a great value for money product adequately effective in its purpose.
Its flavor options are quite refreshing as taking unflavored supplements might become monotonous after a period of time.
Since 1977, this brand has established its value and proved it’s worth ever since. The brand is now renowned for creating high-quality nutritional supplements.
5.BSN Creatine Supplements
BSN, as you must have heard, the brand profoundly manufacturing many kinds of weight-lifting and workout supplements, also has an outstanding creatine supplement competing with brands like optimum nutrition and transparent labs.
It comes in the micronized form making it easy to mix with the drink of your choice. Being unflavored you can take it plain with water or if you want to tease your taste buds, mixing it with juices or smoothies is never a bad option.
- Micronized for better mixing and bioavailability in your body.
- No fillers, no artificial additives or sweeteners.
- It has a good serving size of 60 scoops, something very great for beginners.
- Contains creatine monohydrate in optimal amounts,i.e., 5 grams.
One serving of this supplement contains 5 grams of creatine monohydrate.
The price is a bit high for the plain unflavored creatine monohydrate that charges $20 for 60 servings.
Can’t purchase originally from the producer as there are no websites available for BSN.
The manufacturer says that one should take by mixing one teaspoon with some beverage. Drinking high amounts of water is a must during creatine supplementation.
BSN is very reputed in the industry of sports supplements. In BSN creatine, it offers excellent value for money, mixability with other drinks. If you want to keep using creatine for long times, you can easily go for some other brands that offer the same value but for a better price.
6.Cellucor COR-Performance Creatine
Cellucor ensures the adequate mixing capabilities of its micronized creatine supplement. It also comes in many variants due to different flavors and sizes.
Cellucor products are generally produced in the USA consisting of high-quality micronized creatine monohydrates. Every jar of Cellucor creatine consists of 72 servings at a very genuine price. So if you are someone looking for high-quality products at a great price, this is the go-to.
Available under $10, Cellucor creatine is one of the best lowest-priced options from a trusted brand.
- It comes in 2 flavors,i.e., Icy Blue Razz and Fruit Punch, also available in the unflavored variant.
- Contains an optimum amount of micronized 5 grams of creatine in each serving.
- No added sweeteners, colors, or flavors.
- Absolutely free from any additives.
- Made essentially in the USA.
- Comes in two sizes(50 and 72 servings).
- You will get a 10% discount if you subscribe to their mailing list.
- It also offers a 20% discount and free delivery to your place if you opt for an auto-delivery subscription.
- 72 servings of high-quality micronized creatine monohydrate for just $10.
- The company labels it as free from any contents of Gluten.
- Micronized form makes it easier for you to mix it with any of your favorite drinks.
Every serving of Cellucor creatine contains 5 grams of micronized creatine monohydrate.
The only issue is that they don’t give any nutritional information for the flavored variants.
The manufacturer states that you should use COR-Performance Creatine by mixing it with 200-300 ml of water or any other smoothie or drink according to your choice. You can take them either as a pre-workout or post-workout. It works well enough even if you take them during your workout.
If you are on your loading phase, you should take one scoop of this creatine in the morning itself on non-workout days. On the workout days, you should go for taking one scoop mixed with your drink 3-4 times in a day consistently for 5-7 days.
The unique points of this supplement are that you can avail of great discounts and free delivery by applying to their mailing list. Cellucor provides many flavors and sizes to suit the conveniences of its customers.
Cellucor Creatine places itself in the great value for money category by providing high-quality micronized creatine at the expense of only 10$.
The USA-based cellular creatine is worth your 10$ if you are looking for good value for money products.
7. NOW Sports Creatine Monohydrate
NOW Sports is actually a family-run company that is focused on providing very basic products. But it makes their creatine monohydrate good enough to make it to this list. They have been in the supplement industry since 1978 and providing great value to their customers ever since.
Their creatine is a high-quality product keeping up to the mark with supplements from the top brands and giving them a high healthy competition.
Its high-purity and potency standards make it perfect for somebody wanting to supplement their post-workout recovery with high-quality creatine.
Certified from the Informed-Sport, it even gives you the option for buying them in bulk sizes together such as 2.2 lbs equal to 200 servings of creatine.
- Suitable for vegan or vegetarians very strict on their diet.
- Kosher and Halal
- Available in the bulk sizes of 2.2 lbs that makes it 200 servings at just 30$.
- This much quantity even comes in the tub form making it easy to use without any worries of the creatine spilling out of the bag.
- No additives, no sweeteners, no artificial fillers or flavors.
- It’s absolutely free from any gluten, soy, nuts, corn, egg contents, or dairy.
- The most important factor is that it is certified from Informed-Sport(Third Party tester)
- Each and every serving consists of 5 grams of creatine monohydrate.
One serving of Cellucor Creatine contains 5 g of creatine monohydrate.
- NOW Sports Creatine Monohydrate doesn’t come in any flavored variants.
- It is not micronized as most of the products on this list are.
- This might not be very easy to mix with other drinks due to its non-micronized form
According to the information given from the producer; for the loading phase,i.e., the first 7 days, they recommend taking 1 teaspoon of creatine in your favorite drink up to 3-4 times in a single day.
It can be anytime before, after, or during your workouts. After you are done with your loading phase, then comes the ”maintenance phase”, you should take this supplement 1-2 times in a single day with a gap of 7-8 hours between the doses.
When it’s been longer than 25-30 days of you taking this supplement, you should reduce your intake to one serving in a day.
Keeping the body hydrated is recommended for any supplement you use; you should also keep the body high in nutrients by taking natural foods and vegetables so that your body doesn’t lose other of its natural nutrients.
When it comes to the supplement absolutely offering the perfect value for money, NOW Sports is a brand you can’t ignore.
No other brand is near NOW Sports for offering 1000 grams(2.2 lbs) of 100% pure creatine monohydrate at such an affordable price.
If you are really the person who wants to stock up and doesn’t want to order repeatedly, again and again, you get this supplement simply just for $15 or less.
Many people doubt this for being so cheap, but you should feel confident choosing this as they didn’t compromise with their quality; being independently tested from Information Sports and verified from a lab.
8. Bulksupplements Creatine Monohydrate
Bulksupplements, the great brand with a high rating history from its customers over the last 8-10 years, built their brand value for trusted and reliable supplements.
You might be laughing looking at the pics, but believe me, this little tiny bag is enough to give you 400 servings of 100% pure creatine monohydrate.
- It doesn’t come in any flavors.
- No added sugar, soy, or any other dairy constituents.
- If you buy much more from them, you can avail free shipping if your purchase is more than $49.
- The brand labels it as Gluten-free.
- Although you don’t have flavor choices, you have a wide range of sizes starting from just 100 grams to a great 25 Kilograms(>55 lbs of creatine).
- It comes both in powdered form as well as capsulated form. (Capsules are both gelatin made and vegan-friendly).
Every serving of this supplement contains 5 g of micronized creatine monohydrate.
Once you open the seal, you can’t reseal it. You will have to shift the contents to some airtight containers.
They don’t come in any flavored variants.
Also, it doesn’t come in any tub or solid form, so transportation of packets might get inconvenient and there are risks of spilling contents out of the packet.
As directed by the brand’s nutritionists, it says that you should take 2500-5000 mg of creatine every day before a workout. Or if you are taking capsules, it should be 3-4 capsules before your workout very well accompanied by high amounts of water throughout the day.
The uniqueness of Bulksupplements is that you can buy supplement amounts as large as 55 lbs of creatine, which is almost impossible for any other brand in this list.
The powder is tasteless as mentioned above but micronized form makes it dissolve in water very quickly. The capsules are available as gelatin and also tested to be vegan-friendly.
So if you are just starting out with taking creatine supplements, you can always go for Bulksupplements. They are much reliable for offering vegan-friendly and capsule forms for creatine supplementation.
Being quite inexpensive, although lab-tested, makes it a go-to option for its flexible nature.
You can use a quality bag for storing this as the package it comes in isn’t very reliable for long-term storing.
9. MusclePharm Creatine Supplements
MusclePharm Creatine is a simple creatine supplement, with an optimal distribution of pure creatine throughout. It comes under the “MusclePharm Essentials” series that contains one ingredient only in their supplements. The supplements contain at most one ingredient but sometimes very small contents of Glutamine and L-Carnitine.
This is a 100% pure creatine product from the brand MusclePharm.
It is also verified and independently lab tested by Informed Choice ensuring it is free from any banned substances.
MusclePharm is a very trusted and respectable brand ensuring the customer’s loyalty. If you are somebody who likes to use branded products, you can always go for MusclePharm without any doubt.
This is one of the few high-quality creatine supplements available out there in the supplement industry. MusclePharm creatine is specifically verified ensuring its safety from any of the banned contents.
- It comes only in an unflavored variant. No options for flavors.
- It is specifically tested for its purity and quality.
- This is optimally dosed with creatine monohydrate, each serving having 5 grams.
- 10% discount available if you subscribe to their mailing list.
- You get three serving size options(60,120,200).
- Provides the absolute value for money.
Every serving of this supplement contains 5 g of creatine monohydrate.
- Due to the absence of micronization, it is slightly difficult to mix with drinks or smoothies.
- It is only available in an unflavored version.
According to the manufacturer, you should take 1 scoop mixed in 200-250 ml of water and drink that immediately. You should be drinking enough quantity of water throughout the day to avoid any kind of digestive issues or any formation of cramps.
Do you need a simple brandable high-quality product? MusclePharm Creatine is all you need.
Being the cheapest creatine monohydrate supplement available in the market; MusclePharm is worth giving a try if you are just starting to take creatine.
It is one of the high-quality products out there at a very affordable price range. You can have 60 servings of pure creatine monohydrate for just $10-15 with shipping.
Its another variant of 200 servings isn’t actually the cheapest creatine, but you can still go for it depending upon the brand value and the quality offered.
It might be somewhat upper in the list had it come with 300 or 400 g packaging.
It’s a decent choice if you want to try creatine for the first time.
10. Beast Sports Nutrition Creature
The best thing about Beast Sports Nutrition Creature is that it comes in four unique flavors; without making it monotonous for the consumers to drink that unflavored drink every day. The flavors are quite refreshing and work as a great energy booster.
The four unique flavors consist of cherry limeade, citrus, beast punch, and pink lemonade. Beast Sports also provides creatine in the form of capsules giving the customer everything he asks.
- It is available in both powder as well as capsule form.
- It has the most unique ingredient profile.
- Based in the USA also comes with an interest-free installment option.
- The best thing: it comes with a wide variety of flavors including Beast Punch, Cherry Limeade, Citrus, and Pink Lemonade; an unflavored version is also available if you like.
- It contains a well-optimized blend of 5 types of creatine consisting of creatine monohydrate, Crea-Trono(r) Buffered Creatine, Creatine Gluconate, Creatine anhydrous, and Di-Creatine Malate.
- It also has a great Q&A section around the supplements(creatine in this case) in which they tend to answer the questions asked mostly by the consumers.
- Banaba Leaf Extract
- (Flavored Varieties) Natural and artificial flavors
- (Beast Punch Flavor) Purple Carrot Extract Powder
- (Citrus Flavor) Caramel Color
- (Citrus Flavor) Turmeric Oleoresin
- (Cherry Limeade Flavor, Pink Lemonade Flavor) Red Beet Juice Powder
- (Flavored Varieties) Sucralose
- Chromium Picolinate
- Cinnamon Bark Extract
- Creature(r) Advanced Creatine Blend
- (Flavored Varieties) Citric Acid
- (Flavored Varieties) Malic Acid
It has somewhat high pricing,i.e., $30 for just 60 servings
As is the case with others, it is also preferable to take 1 scoop mixed with 200-250 ml of water or your favorite drink both 30 minutes before having your workout and 30 minutes after you are done with your workout.
According to reviews given by users, Beast Sports Creatine is a great quality supplement that can be easily mixed with water or other drinks. You can use it whenever you want, either as a pre-workout or post-workout.
As it is not micronized, there would be some issues of low mixability, but it tastes great due to its wide variety of flavors.