You will hear about the Best BCAA supplements in almost every fitness field you indulge in whether it’s some sport, gymming, some martial art or anything else… Fitness geeks do take bcaa supplements for improving their athletic performance and benefitting their field. Some people do consume the bcaa supplement for its wide variety of health benefits. So the next question that will come in your mind is …
Table of Contents
What is BCAA?BCAAs are the branched-chain amino acids. There are 9 essential amino acids from a total of 20 amino acids required by our body for proper functioning. BCAAs are three of the nine essential amino acids needed but our body is not capable of making them. So it is mandatory for us to obtain those essential amino acids from our diet,i.e., the food we eat or the supplements we consume. BCAAs namely are leucine, isoleucine, and valine which have their own respective functions and benefits to the human body. Branched-chain amino acids are generally found in protein-rich foods,i.e., meats, beans, grams, nuts, eggs, and some other grains that have high bcaa quantity. If you are not able to get bcaas from your natural diet or you are a vegan who avoids meats and other nonveg food, you can also add BCAA supplements as a pre-workout in your routine. Know more about BCAAs in detail in this BCAA guide.
Best BCAA SupplementsBCAA supplements are suggested for the people who train their bodies intensely and break down their protein(including BCAAs), more hastily than those who don’t train too often. So, we have compiled a list of best bcaa supplements for you:
1. Transparent Labs-Glutamine BCAAsTransparent Labs BCAA Glutamine is created with the goal to be the best BCAA “repair and recovery” supplement available. All the active ingredients, which contain zero colored dyes, unnecessary fillers, or harmful additives are mixed with the appropriate clinically effective dosages as written in the popularly published scientific research papers. Transparent Labs BCAA Glutamine, with its 100% formula transparency and the special recovery matrix (leucine, isoleucine, Valine, Glutamine, and Coconut Water Extract) has been proven to be the most efficient for serious men and women.
2. Scivation Xtend Energy BCAAs
Scivation Xtend Energy BCAAs have an exotic combination of BCAAs and caffeine. It comes with a great variety of flavors with no additive sugars, calories, or carbs, that’s what makes it different from other BCAA supplements. Scivation Xtend BCAA is an apt option if you are looking for that extra energy throughout your workouts more than just bcaa. Its main constituents are vitamin B6, citrulline malate and electrolytes, making this supplement a well-rounded, more solid choice to increase the levels of energy during our workout and lowering down the levels of fatigue alongside improving our hydration.
3. BPI Sports Best AminosThis is built with the goodness of BCAA and glutamine peptides. This product from BPI sports has one-of-a-kind Oligopeptide-Enzymatic technology to provide with every possible nutritional benefit to the consumer. This special technology makes it easy for the muscles to properly absorb BCAA and Glutamine to deliver amazing results to our bodies. Above everything, BPI SPORTS also inculcated a special CLA MATRIX which boosts lean muscle building.
4. Optimum Nutrition-Essential AminoOptimum Nutrition-Essential Amino is again a reputable bcaa product from the great brand Optimum Nutrition available in a wide variety of products. It constitutes a free form of amino acids mixed with caffeine-based stimulants to help fill your workouts with energy keeping you from getting exhausted. This also has Beta-Alanine that helps you work out harder for the longer intervals of time making your workout more efficient and result-driven.
5. BodyTech BCAAsBodytech BCAA comes with the very optimal 2:1:1 ratio that is specifically designed for the athlete to feel more freshness, promoting the muscular endurance, catalyzing upon the muscle recovery ability of the body, and hence improvising the athlete’s workout sessions. The main advantage of having a Bodytech BCAA is that it doesn’t contain any soy, wheat, and starch. It’s 2:1:1 ratio makes it excellent for muscle builders and strength trainers.
6. MET-Rx BCAA 2200MET-Rx BCAA 2200 supports exemplary energy production. Its high-potency vitamin B-6 enhances BCAA metabolism and provides us with great strength. This BCAA 2200 deviates slightly from the 2:1:1 ratio that is in a single serving. This is because:
- It contains 1200 mg of L-Leucine
- 500 mg of L-Isoleucine
- 500 mg of L-Valine
7. EVL Nutrition BCAA EnergyBCAA Energy is a great powerful product from a very popular brand EVL Nutrition. Counting BCAA already in the product, contains beta-alanine, l-alanine, taurine, and a vitamin B and C complex for the added performance giving a big boost in improving your endurance with enhanced conditioning. It comes with 13 different flavors without any additional calories, carbs, or sugars. It’s free from any type of gluten components.
8. BSN Amino XBSN Amino X consists of very efficient nutrients such as plus vitamin D, taurine, alanine, and citrulline, which itself becomes the perfect formula for boosting the human testosterone, enhancing our workouts, and nitric-oxide intensification. This well rounded with all the essential nutrients BSN supplement supports muscle recovery and reduces the extensive muscle breakdown during workouts. It has a 70 serving container available along with a 30 serving tub. Transparency is the only issue with these; they don’t disclose the proportions of different elements present in this BCAA supplement.
9. Dymatize All9 AminoDymatize All9 Amino brands its supplement as the complete amino acid supplement as it contains both BCAAs and EAAs, the essential amino acids. Its name All9 depicts its quality of containing all the 9 essential amino acids. This is the specialty of Dymatize ALL9 Amino that it goes different from the market supplements which just have BCAAs, on the other hand, it contains all the essential amino acids, which promotes more enhanced muscle growth than the supplements which just have BCAAs. Along with amino acids, it also contains vitamin B6, B12 and C; free from any forms of gluten and sugar for better recovery during and after workouts.
10. JYM Post JYM Active MatrixPost JYM Active Matrix is a product specifically designed for post-workout recovery that comes with a large variety of flavors. This was configured for those who do intense exercise for longer periods of time. It also improvises upon the recovery system of muscles with better digestion. It doesn’t have any proprietary blends which save you from any artificial additives. Its Watermelon flavor is the top pick by most of the customers. These were some of the best bcaa supplements which you can take in your for attaining extended benefits of consuming bcaa. But if somehow you don’t want to use these supplements or want to go natural for your bcaa intake, you can always go for the foods rich in bcaa.
Natural BCAA Foods: Foods that contain BCAABCAA foods are the natural foods that contain bcaa in high quantities and can be consumed in place of supplements made for bcaa. So if you want the natural bcaa foods, we have prepared you the list of foods for both vegetarians and the ones who eat non-veg too. The veg foods with bcaa are:
- Brazil Nuts
- Baked and lima beans
- Milk and whey
- Pumpkin seeds
- Whole Wheat
- Brown rice
- Red meat
- Poultry products
- Chicken Breasts
- Egg Whites
- Salmon Fish